Monday, May 11, 2009

who is SAM GETTO DOLLAR ????.................

Getto Dollar



His real name is
SAM EBERU MUWEREZA

Sam Getto Dollar can not tell us when he started music.

"I remember I used to record my self on a cassete as I sang while drumming any thing aroud or even along recorded instrumentals.His dream has come to leave and he is viewed as one of the artists in uganda who have hit surprisingly by only the second single in his life time. He says

Run away is his first song because the first one was like a learning on version.

HERE ARE GETTO SAM'S WORDS ABOUT HOW HE STARTED

When i first went to studio, i talked to producer Alan and we agreed on a price and he put me on program (That was 2007) aroud august). The recording date reached and i had written only a chorus with three verses. Alan said I sing it. I sang it for him .He said i had to improve my voice. He how ever was surprised by the way i had formatted the song ,he said some people come here when they even don't know what a chorus is and what is a verse. Some one who was inside the studio said mz voice souded like Junior Terribo s voice (currently works with Alan at D Records) but Alan said there is some thing I cannot forget, that I was also better at than him in something("Naye waliwo kyamusinga ko") as Producer Alan said(Luganda). Hearing this I felt encouraged and went back to re- organize the song and rehearse to get ready for the voicing session. I released Gwe Kitangala with Empro O.J, it didn't do well though for a starting artist, it was fair start.Due to setbacks, i first rested from music now knowing that it is not very easy. In mid 2008, i went back to Studio and told Alan i had come back. He was so happy and he told me to sing for him as he always does. Standing, I sang to them and alan was very greatfull after i sang the lines of the run away chorus though i had no words for the verse. just lalaaa, laalaa .He said "Kyolikko nkimanyi" MEANING I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN so he gave me a program and told me to develop the lyrics, they always take me a short time to develop so i did and we gave it a try in the end of 2008. I wanted it to be released around march , april 2009 but unfortunately Alan was out of the country so we did it after i finished my exams at campus (july). Guess what every one is still amazed by a hit produced by an artist who has not even finished two years i the industry.Getto Sam is currently on the fighting team against Homosexuallity in East Africa and Africa at large. He hopes to release his first album in 2010 at an unknown date. He is noted for being approchable and loving to his fans and any person. "I love people because they are the responsible for determining whether you wil succed or not as an artist.This page is dedicated to all those who value the work of Getto Sam in Uganda and Africa at large.

Feel Free to contact
ugpromoters@gmail.com for more information and comments.

To parties who want personal contact to Getto Sam, contact the same address o

Any information you would like to be published about Getto Sam can be sent to the same address. Thank you, watch out for updates about current show and news.

SHOWS AND EVENTS ARE TO BE DISPLAYED SOON. KEEP CHECKING
cooltext

No comments:

Post a Comment